Friday, January 4, 2013

Week Day Running


With three children with me ALL the time (which is a very wonderful thing), I have limited run options during the week. Our local YMCA will let me run outside - in the cemetery. It is better than a track or a treadmill option for me and I would much rather run outside in most types of weather.
What my treadmill looks like and how it gets used.
Cemetery Views
The cemetery is beautiful, quiet, and has very large hills. 







And to top it off I get to run by many relatives. I think I might see them more now than I did when they were living! My great grandmother, great grandfather, great uncle, grandfather, and my great aunt and her husband can all be found here! Sadly I had not visited the cemetery since I was child and didn't even know where they were buried until I started running here.
My Great Grandfather and Great Grandmother - They had NINE children - CANNOT IMAGINE!

My Great Uncle Clyde - He lived fast and hard and was apparently quite the character!

My Great Aunt Catherine and Uncle Charlie - Now there was a woman in overdrive ALL the time!

My Grandfather David who passed when I was three -
Sadly I don't remember him but apparently we were tight
and my first word was "grandfather".
While I would much rather not be "stuck" in the cemetery running, it is much better than being stuck inside and with it I have learned more about my relatives who mostly died when I was young. Happy Week Day Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment