Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Bows, Bubbles, and Bike Trainer

I'm sure you are wondering where I'm going with this title! Well, my computer screen gave out, so I've been out of commission. But now I have it hooked up to a monitor although it is still pretty strange typing on my computer and watching everything show up on a different screen! The weather was really cold this past week and weekend in the 20's and 30's (Fahrenheit) but today we finally had a GORGEOUS day! Ofcourse, it doesn't much matter as far as training is concerned during the week because I still have the kids and no magical and free babysitter appears when you want one.

This is what it looked like on Saturday outside!
Life on the farm 
Today was my bike day. Really it varies in the week depending upon what my coach has on my schedule. I picked up my kids from a homeschool science class and all of the kids from the class played at the park for hours and we had a great picnic. As I sat there on the picnic table basking in the sun I saw one biker after another passing on the road, having just climbed up the mountain. I sat there a bit jealous but knew I would hit the bike trainer once I got home.
Picnic with homeschool friends
Park Play!
So I got home, sent the kids out to play, and opened up the door to let in some fresh air and apparently cats since they decided to wander in as well. Luckily no chickens dared to enter.
Seriously - got chickens?
With the trainer facing the outside at the door I watched the kids play and enjoyed some fresh air while I biked. It was pretty great even if it was indoors! The great thing about a trainer is that you don't have to worry about what you wear. So I usually just come home and leave my hair how it was. This is where the bow comes into play. Who bikes in a bow anyway? I guess I did.
Post Trainer Ride - How I thought I felt
Post Trainer Ride - How I actually looked
While I biked the kids played outside with an assortment of bubbles and bubble toys. And hence the title: Bows, Bubbles, and Bike Trainer. 

Colored Bubbles = FUN!
If your weather was great today I hope you were able to get outside some! Happy Training!

No comments:

Post a Comment